Saturday, June 16, 2007

TORTURE, ISRAELI STYLE

The twilight zone / 'Now you are paralyzed, as we promised'

By Gideon Levy

"We have to make you do a little sports," the Shin Bet interrogator said, launching four successive days of questioning accompanied by brutal physical torture. The result: Luwaii Ashqar can no longer stand on his feet. He sits in his wheelchair, dressed in a fashionable quasi-military suit, super-elegant, new Caterpillar-brand shoes on his paralyzed feet.

"They sat me down on a square chair without a back, which was attached to the floor and had sharp metal ends [sticking up]. My legs were tied to the legs of the chair with metal cuffs and my hands were tied behind my back with metal cuffs. One interrogator sat behind me and the other in front of me. The interrogator opposite me said: We have to give you a little sports, so you will be able to hold out in the military interrogation. The sports was that they pushed me backward by the chest, a backward somersault, and I would hold myself so my bones would not break. After a minute or two I would automatically fall on the floor, but the interrogator behind me would put his foot on my chest and press, and the interrogator in front would grab my hands and pull and pull behind the chair. They kept on like that until I don't know what happened to me, heat in every part of my body, puking everything I had in my stomach and it would go into my nostrils. I would wake up when they poured water on my face. When I woke up, we went back to the same situation. It went on like this 15-20 times an hour.

"After that they made me crouch on my toes, not letting me lean on the back of my foot. I was in that position for 40-50 minutes, maybe an hour - that was my estimate - until I felt my soles swelling and they turned blue and there was tremendous pain. After that, stand up, and they tied my hands and pressed as hard as they could on the metal handcuffs until the metal dug into my hand. Here are the signs, you can still see them.


http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=871239

And these sick and twisted mother fuckers are what Bush and most of the Congress refer to as our good ally in the Middle East with which we have a "special relationship?"

A "special relationship" indeed. Is that the sick and twisted war mongers of the US cozying up to the war mongers in Israel?

No civilized nation engages in torture. Not only is that action inhumane, rarely does it get the desired results.

Oh, but it does get results. Results like helping recruit a never ending supply of fighters willing to avenge the wrongs perpetuated upon them by the psychotically deranged countries who support, arm, train and finance these "Masters of Torture."

And in the end, maybe that is the real goal of all this torture: To help fuel Arab and Muslim hatred against the Masters of Torture so that both the US and Israel can remain forever in a state of war.
A never ending war which only profits the arms makers, crafty politicans and casket makers.

2 comments:

  1. Hideous story. Just unthinkable.

    Great response.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive feedback. Trying to get some stories out about what is actually going on in the Middle East, especially Palestine.

    ReplyDelete

Fair Use Notice

This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of humanity's problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. A click on a hyperlink is a request for information. Consistent with this notice you are welcome to make 'fair use' of anything you find on this web site. However, if you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. You can read more about 'fair use' and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School. This notice was modified from a similar notice at Information Clearing House.

Blog Archive