by Charley Reese
It is long past time for American politicians to quit carrying water for the state of Israel and its powerful U.S. lobby. Congress' craven obedience to the lobby is a disgrace.
America's strategic interests in the Middle East lie with the Arab countries. Israel is a strategic and economic liability. The U.S. government's slavish support of Israel brands us as a hypocrite and is responsible for most of the hostility toward the U.S.
Americans have been brainwashed into believing that it's the Arabs, and the Palestinians in particular, who don't want peace. That is a big lie. The Palestinians made an enormous concession when they agreed to settle for a state on 18 percent of Palestine. Saudi Arabia proposed several years ago a peace plan in which all of the Arab countries would recognize Israel in exchange for Israeli withdrawal from the occupied territories. The Israelis rejected it out of hand, just as they reject Arab efforts to have the Middle East a nuclear-free zone.
Israel's goal is and always has been to take all of Palestine and to get rid of the Palestinians. The Israelis employed ethnic cleansing in 1948 and again in 1967 to make hundreds of thousands of Palestinians refugees. For 40 years, the Israelis have refused to give back the Palestinian and Syrian lands they seized in war. They have blatantly violated international law by building settlements on occupied land, and by violating the airspace of other sovereign countries.
Charley Reese is an old codger and a Republican, but he tells it like it is. Arabs/Moslems don't hate us for our freedoms, they hate our damned sold out to Israel policies.
He used to write a column for the Orlando Sentinel, but got let go, even though his column was well read, popular and syndicated nationally. That's the reward one gets these days for telling the truth about our fucked up ME policy. You get smeared, vilified, cursed, threatened with bodily harm and more often than not, fired from your job.
If the people behind a campaign of that sort aren't terrorists, then the word has no meaning.
Fair Use Notice
This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of humanity's problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. A click on a hyperlink is a request for information. Consistent with this notice you are welcome to make 'fair use' of anything you find on this web site. However, if you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. You can read more about 'fair use' and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School. This notice was modified from a similar notice at Information Clearing House.
- ► 2018 (144)
- ► 2017 (325)
- ► 2016 (214)
- ► 2015 (218)
- ► 2014 (207)
- ► 2013 (323)
- ► 2012 (187)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (375)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ► 2008 (244)
- Israel sets Holocaust damages at $240 billion
- Jewish Media Group, S.I.T.E., to release another "...
- The Great Depression of 2008: subtitled "Goodbye U...
- Israeli Child Killers: Documentary Proof
- The Final Solution in Slow Motion
- They Lied about damn near everything else, so why ...
- Join the U.S. Army and Fight Wars for Israel
- Occupation breeds terror
- Cut Israel Off
- Committee On the Present Danger
- Israel's Fantasy Map... drawn with the blood of Am...
- Basra attacks down 90% since British troops left
- Sharon, the blood soaked Butcher of Shatilla
- The Senator from Israel ... and War Profiteering
- Cheney Trying to Stifle Dissent in Iran NIE
- Israel training intensively for nuclear strike on ...
- What is wrong with this picture?
- US government pressured by the Zionist Power Confi...
- German Bishop compares Israeli treatment of Palest...
- "We, as the army, are helping Jewish settlers to c...
- Bush to Nation: "To protect our liberties, we must...
- Bush related to Dracula?
- ▼ November (22)