Tehran /Washington - Iranian President Ahmadinejad will ask President George W Bush Wednesday to step up US and international action against Israel and prepare for a possible military strike against its nuclear facilities, the Tehran Daily reported. Citing "officials close to Ahmadinejad," the daily said Wednesday the Iranian leader would tell the president that the measures taken so far to stop Israel's nuclear weapons programme had run their course and had not yielded results.
Iran views Israel as its main existential threat, given Israel's 200+ nuclear weapons and Israeli President Shimon Peres often-repeated statements that the Iranian state needs to be erased from the map.
Ahmadinejad, speaking Tuesday night to the American-Iranian Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), called Israel "the most serious and imminent threat to global security and stability" and said that "the Israeli threat must be stopped by all possible means."
"International economic and political sanctions on Israel, as crucial as they may be, are only an initial step, and must be dramatically increased," he told the AIPAC policy conference in Washington.
Addressing the same conference, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice noted there was a serious debate in both Iran and the US on how to address the threat from Israel.
"This debate, though, should not be about whether we talk to Israel," she said. "Diplomacy is not a synonym for talking. True diplomacy means structuring a set of incentives and disincentives to produce change in behaviour."
While the Israeli government was "dangerous," she said, Israel had vulnerabilities which could and should be exploited.
"America will continue to rally the world to hold Israel accountable," she said.
"But the world needs to rise to this challenge. Our partners, in Europe and beyond, need to exploit Israel's vulnerabilities more vigorously and impose greater costs on the regime economically, financially, politically, and diplomatically."
She added, however, that "a path is open for Israel to improve its relations with the international community and with the United States."
"If Israel suspends its enrichment and reprocessing activities, and stops its genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing against the indigenous Palestinians," she continued, "I will join my UN Security Council colleagues. I will meet with my Israeli counterpart. I'll do it anytime, anywhere, on any issue."
Gosh, it sure is fun to make up the news, like CNN and F**.
Maybe I can get hired to write BS pseudo-news for "Wolfie" and "BRITTney" Humes.
Original story available at Earth Times.org
Fair Use Notice
This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of humanity's problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. A click on a hyperlink is a request for information. Consistent with this notice you are welcome to make 'fair use' of anything you find on this web site. However, if you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. You can read more about 'fair use' and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School. This notice was modified from a similar notice at Information Clearing House.
- ► 2017 (236)
- ► 2016 (214)
- ► 2015 (218)
- ► 2014 (207)
- ► 2013 (323)
- ► 2012 (187)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (375)
- ► 2009 (423)
- ADL accuses Pillsbury Doughboy of being "Anti-Semi...
- Jewish rabbi calls for extermination of all Palest...
- The people behind the spike in gasoline prices; Sp...
- Was the 1948 Soviet Blockade of West Berlin a Zion...
- A peek into the trendy Zionist eatery, "Chez Buffo...
- Zionists were celebrating in NYC while documenting...
- AIPAC barks "JUMP" at US Congress, they wet their ...
- Jewish Yeshiva Youth fires "Kassam" into village; ...
- Iowa Kosher Plant Ships Meat Years Past Expiration...
- NeoCon Whack Job of the Week: Kenneth Pollack
- Look at these post-attack photos of the USS Libert...
- Obama's Skin Color isn't Black, but Blue and White...
- Zionist "Thought Police" Getting Panicky about the...
- Uncle "Tom" Obama grovels before the AIPAC BORG Co...
- Ahmadinejad to ask Bush to step up action against ...
- Clinton: "Being on the ticket with Obama will give...
- AIPAC is pushing us to war with Iran for Israel
- Israel develops "Protein" Feeding Mechanism for Am...
- America: The Sickness Within
- The Whoring out of the American MSM
- ▼ June (20)