Groups want answers in ex-AIPAC staffers’ case May 3, 2009
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- U.S. Jewish leaders want answers as to why two former AIPAC officials were targeted for a federal investigation.
Malcolm Hoenlein, executive vice chairman of the Conference of President of Major American Jewish Organizations, questioned “the justification” for the case and the decision to bring charges under a law that had barely been used in more than 90 years.
“You don't want to reopen the whole case, but you have to look at the damage that was done,” Hoenlein said.
On Friday, the U.S. government asked for a dismissal of the indictments against Steve Rosen, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s former foreign policy chief, and Keith Weissman, its former Iran analyst. The two had been awaiting trial ever since an FBI raid in August 2004 on AIPAC offices resulted in charges, based on a 1917 statute, that they had obtained and relayed information relating to Iran’s threat against Israel.
The request for dismissal noted the "diminished likelihood the government" would prevail. In the past three years, the government case has suffered numerous setbacks in pre-trial court rulings.
Jewish communal leaders also criticized the waves of government leaks that they say were aimed at discrediting the defendants and other pro-Israel figures. Hoenlein pointed to last week's revelation of the wiretap of U.S. Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.), saying it was just another example of the unfair “besmirching” of those who were involved.
Rabbi David Saperstein, director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, said information that was revealed in the pre-trial process has “raised grave concerns that a serious injustice and abuse of power was involved in this case.”
Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld, vice president of AMCHA-The Coalition for Jewish Concerns, says his organization will file a Freedom of Information Act on Monday in an effort to “get some answers” to questions such as “who approved the investigation.”
“The government should not be able to get away with this,” he said.
Yes, Rabbi Shmuel, hunt down, then stalk, threaten and drive out of the DOJ and the FBI those Americans who were foolish enough to think their oath, to protect America and the Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC actually meant they were supposed to put America first and not that SLC on the eastern shores of the Mediterranean.
The government should not be able to get away with what?
Protecting Americans from MOSSAD spies? Keeping our military secrets secret and not handed over to Israel, who then sells them around the world to our enemies, like those nuclear launch codes stolen by Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard that Israel bartered away to our #1 enemy at the time, the former USSR?
Let this be a lesson to the FBI and the DOJ who might think twice about rooting out Israeli spies in the future. Those that are foolish enough to put America first will be hunted down and be dismissed or put into some sort of bureaucratic limbo, shuffling papers, and never again be allowed to investigate fifth columnists and spies seeking to harm America.
"Hanoi" Jane Harman, you do your country Israel, proud!
Fair Use Notice
This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of humanity's problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. A click on a hyperlink is a request for information. Consistent with this notice you are welcome to make 'fair use' of anything you find on this web site. However, if you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. You can read more about 'fair use' and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School. This notice was modified from a similar notice at Information Clearing House.
- ► 2017 (264)
- ► 2016 (214)
- ► 2015 (218)
- ► 2014 (207)
- ► 2013 (323)
- ► 2012 (187)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (375)
- The Other Israel.. From the Talmud to the Khazars
- Getting Taxed to Death?
- Our Tax Dollars at work: OK Cop Assaults Paramedic...
- Kill All Gitmo Prisoners!
- The USA: Torturing & Sodomizing our way to Freedom...
- Why are these Israeli rabbis so filled with hate a...
- Setting back the 9/11 Truth Movement a Decade
- US town seeks to become new Guantanamo
- Goldman $achs receiving 'Hidden forms of Governmen...
- Just what are we commemorating this Memorial Day?
- The Federal Reserve is STEALING America Blind
- Why are we sending BILLIONS to Israel while states...
- IRS Mulls New Guidelines for Taxing American's Sex...
- Another Government Goon Squad is Coming to Kick in...
- Ode to Zionism
- "Religion" in the Key of C
- Obama, who's your Daddy?
- "I am a Terrorist!"
- Jewish Academics Voice Approval For The DELIBERATE...
- The Greatest Mass Murderer of the 20th Century
- 2009 swine flu outbreak timeline and the "Hate Cri...
- Another Chosen One Anointed to Treasury
- Another Billion or so for Israel
- Who REALLY rules the world? The Money Masters
- The Obama Youth Welcomes You to their Job Corp!
- Obama to visit German Slave Labor Camps
- Censoring the Truth... Thanks, Youtube!
- Obama wants that "Den of Vipers" to be Bank's Supe...
- AIPAC brags about successful extortion of OUR Cong...
- The Godfather Part IV: Starring Goldman Sachs & Yo...
- The LOBBY Demands its Pound of Flesh
- AIPAC gives Jane Harman a Knighthood
- "Come one, Come all to the AIPAC Traitors Ball!!!"...
- 55,000 already DEAD, hundreds of thousands hospita...
- Dead In The Water - The Sinking of the USS Liberty...
- My FUN FUN day in Israel!
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2008 (244)