Feeling a little hung over from having too good a time last night?
Fear that queasy feeling no more, as I can almost guarantee that by reading the following quotes will make you rush to the bathroom and violently vomit...Hell, for that matter, the first time I read them, almost tossed my stomach contents and I wasn't hungover.
“It is being said that this crisis will show us who our friends are. But we need no crisis to know who our best friend is, and always has been, in the Middle East. Our best friend is Israel, and we should begin by vowing to support that friend as loyally as she has supported us.”
– Robert Tracinski in “We Are All Israelis Now” (September 18, 2001). He gives no examples of Israel’s loyal support.
“Israel’s Enemies Are America’s Enemies”
– The title of an ARI “Letter to the Editor” by David Holcberg (Dec. 9, 2002 and again March 25, 2004).
“Israel is our only true ally in the Mideast, and supporting it is the only moral thing for the United States to do.”
– Yaron Brook in ARI’s press release for the lecture “The Moral Case for Supporting Israel” at the University of Chicago, February 22, 2005 (February 18, 2005).
“Israel, our sole ally in the area,” “an ally the United States can trust,” which if allowed will be “an effective, trustworthy ally fighting by our side.”
– Andrew Bernstein in “Allowing Israel to Destroy the PLO Helps Defend the U.S.: Israel is America’s military and cultural front line against terrorism.” (November 8, 2001), republished as “The U.S. Must Stop Undermining Israel’s War on Terrorism” (September 23, 2003).
“Defending Israel – our only true ally in the Mideast – is in America’s own self-interest.”
– From the introduction to In Moral Defense of Israel, a supplemental issue of Impact, newsletter of the Ayn Rand Institute (September 2002).”
“... our strongest ally in the war on terrorism, Israel.”
– Onkar Ghate in the press release “Ted Turner’s ‘Morality’ ” (June 20, 2002).
“In the Middle East ... Israel, our only true ally there ...”
– Press release “What Ever Happened to ‘Let’s Roll!’?” for a talk by Yaron Brook and Leonard Peikoff entitled “9/11: One Year Later—Why America Is Losing the War!” in Irvine, California, September 9, 2002 (August 26, 2002).
“... Israel, America’s only true ally in the region.”
– Yaron Brook in the press release “Time for Arafat to Go” (December 4, 2001).
“The rest of the civilized world sleeps under the protection of a Pax Americana. ... (There is one exception. The only U.S. ally with the courage to face its own risks and take responsibility for its own survival is Israel. ...)”
– Robert Tracinski in “Multilateralism’s One-Way Street” (February 11, 2002).
“... Israel, our loyal ally in a treacherous region ...”
– Robert Tracinski in “The Road Map to Hell” (June 2, 2003).
“... in the name of justice and self-preservation, we hold that America should openly support Israel against our common enemies.”
– Introduction to ARI’s webpage “In Moral Defense of Israel.”
“A friend asked me, the other day, when I would stop writing about the war. My answer: ‘When it starts’ – that is, when America finally gets serious about fighting terrorism. ... America will get serious about the war on terrorism when we realize that we cannot exterminate terrorists in the mountain villages of Afghanistan, while betraying the skyscrapers of Tel Aviv.”
– Robert Tracinski in “Ending the Peace Process War” (December 17, 2001).
[In case you're wondering who this fertilizer spreader named Tracinski is, Pam Gellar give him high marks. Need I say more?]
“Since its founding, Israel has been the victim” ... “America, for its own benefit, must allow Israel to uphold the principle of self-defense.”
– Two subtitles in “Israel Has a Moral Right to Its Life: Why Reason and Justice Are on Israel’s Side” by Yaron Brook and Peter Schwartz, executive director and board chairman, respectively, of ARI (June 20, 2002)
“... Israel, our only true ally in the area.”
– Press release “PLO = Taliban and Al-Qaida” quoting Andrew Bernstein (November 14, 2001).
“... Israel, America’s only true friend in the region.”
– David Holcberg in “Support General Strike in Iran” Letter to the Editor (July 7, 2003).
“... Israel is our great ally in that area [the Middle East] and in fact in the world.”
– Leonard Peikoff in a podcast recorded at ARI (January 7, 2008).
Reference to “U.S.-Israeli policy” and “our common enemy” the “Iran-Hamas-Hezbollah axis,' Elan Journo in “The U.S.-Israeli Suicide Pact” (July 19, 2006).
“It is long past time for Israel to wage a real war against [Hezbollah and Hamas]. And it is long past time for the United States to join Israel in waging this war.”
– Press release “Israel Should Wage a Real War” quoting Yaron Brook (July 19, 2006).
“To the extent America abandons Israel, it abandons itself.”
– Yaron Brook in an interview during a trip to Israel, quoted in the Jerusalem Post (July 12, 2007).
Gosh, that sounds like it could've been written by John Hattee!
“The Islamic totalitarians will not be defeated until we in the West support Israel and gain the courage and the moral certitude to fight them without restraint.”
– Press release “NO Cease-fire Until Hezbollah Is Obliterated” by Yaron Brook (August 4, 2006), capitalization of title per original.
All of these nauseous quotes and more projectile vomiting inducing psyops can be found at the excellent "This is Our Ally?" web page.
From the same site:
Well, does Israel act like our ally? Does it behave like a friend and supporter ought to behave? To help answer that question the following articles review some episodes in the history of Israel which ARI either ignores or distorts. Though the Lavon affair may seem like ancient history, you will find that it is as relevant as yesterday’s headlines.The Lavon Affair
The Attempted Sinking of the USS Liberty
The Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing
Harassment of Marines
FALSE FLAG ALERT!!!!
No Stranger to the MarinesMilitary and Industrial Espionage
However, on Feb. 2, 1983 a unit of three Israeli tanks, led by Israeli Lt. Col. Rafi Landsberg, tried to pass through Marine/Lebanese Army lines at Rayan University Library in south Lebanon. By this time, Landsberg was no stranger to the Marines. Since the beginning of January he had been leading small Israeli units in probes against the Marine lines, although such units would normally have a commander no higher than a sergeant or lieutenant. The suspicion grew that Sharon’s troops were deliberately provoking the Marines and Landsberg was there to see that things did not get out of hand. The Israeli tactics were aimed more at forcing a joint U.S.-Israeli strategy than merely probing lines.
In the Feb. 2 incident, the checkpoint was commanded by Marine Capt. Charles Johnson, who firmly refused permission for Landsberg to advance. When two of the Israeli tanks ignored his warning to halt, Johnson leaped on Landsberg’s tank with pistol drawn and demanded Landsberg and his tanks withdraw. They did.
Landsberg and the Israeli embassy in Washington tried to laugh off the incident, implying that Johnson was a trigger-happy John Wayne type and that the media were exaggerating a routine event. Landsberg even went so far as to claim that he smelled alcohol on Johnson’s breath and that drunkenness must have clouded his reason. Marines were infuriated because Johnson was well known as a teetotaler. Americans flocked to Johnson’s side. He received hundreds of letters from school children, former Marines and from Commandant Barrow. It was a losing battle for the Israelis and Landsberg soon dropped from sight.
Arms to Israel End Up Elsewhere
Technology Transfer to China
Fooled into Bombing Libya
FALSE FLAG ALERT!!!
“CIA” Operation Against IranThe Attempted Assassination of President Truman
The memos, based on CIA field reports, say that Israel’s false flag operation occurred in the same locations as U.S. intelligence officers, most notably in London, where Mossad agents posing as CIA agents met with Jundallah officials.
“It’s amazing what the Israelis thought they could get away with,” one intelligence officer said. “Their recruitment activities were nearly in the open. They apparently didn’t give a damn what we thought.”
The Pollard Affair
The Franklin Affair