Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Mass Murder is OK, Just Don't Say GODDAMN!"

I live in the heart of the 'Bible Belt,' the Missouri Ozarks.

This past week, I joined with others in taking an eight-hour gun safety course that was needed if one decided to pursue a CCW--Concealed Carry Weapon permit.

During the breaks, the guys would usually get together near one vehicle and the ladies, near another. It was during one of these breaks that the conversation turned to the ME wars.

One dude stated, "I wish we'd gone into Iran when we were still in Iraq, and finished the job."

My reply: "Invade Iran on what basis? Using some of the same lies we were told about Iraq? Saddam had no WMD's; had nothing to do with 9/11 and he wasn't about to attack the United States."

Another replied: "I know for a fact that the Democrats (With these folks, it's either Democrats or those damned liberals that cause all our problems) sold Saddam 680 tons of Sarin nerve gas."

Me again: "That figure sounds way too high, but both Democrats and Republican administrations and Congress sold Saddam precursor agent used to make biological and chemical weapons, but none were found.
As for Congress, nearly all of that Goddamn crowd is corrupt..."

As soon as I said the dreaded G-word, the guy standing closest to me jumped as if he'd been hit by an electrical shock, clenched his fists and turned towards me, glaring hatred in his eyes. Thought for a second he was going to pop me in the mouth, but maybe he realized that action probably would've cost him his gun safety course certificate.

Another said: "I'm all for waterboarding those Muzzies. And if they don't talk, they should be shot on the spot."

Me: "I thought America was known as a Christian nation. Whatever happened to the 10 Commandments, especially the one that says "Thou Shalt Not Kill?" Has that been changed to read, "Thou Shalt Not Kill Christians, but it's OK to murder Muslims?"

After that reply, no one had a FOX News canned answer to reply with, so we drifted apart.

At the next break, when I tried to join in their little 'Glenn Beck Moronathon,' and made a comment, they all turned their backs to me. But I heard them still discussing those danged liberals and Democrats and one said:

"I don't know much about all of this, I just hope Sarah Palin's our next president."

They need to hang a sign on their back that says:


Ignorance is one thing, that can be cured. But Stupidity is terminal, especially when one clings to it like a drowning man does a tree branch.



BuelahMan said...

God damned a lot of things in The Book, but they don't cringe at that. They lavish it up, like they do all murder of innocents (as long as they are not white or Christian or their relative).

As a matter of fact, it was their God that kills all those little children in the ME.

Personally, I would be afraid to associate with those mindless assholes.

Greg Bacon said...

BM, I only signed up and paid the $75 non-refundable fee because I thought one needed a CCW to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle w/o getting arrested.

Found out at the class that's no longer the case, anyone--who isn't a felon--can carry a loaded, concealed weapon in their vehicle w/o getting tossed in the slammer.

I don't know if I'll apply for the CCW permit or not, but the 10 others attending that class sure will.

In fact, all of the men admitted during a break that they hadn't let that law against carrying a concealed weapon on your person get in their way, they had been packing concealed weapons anytime they wanted to and anywhere they wanted to.

Except for my years as teenage thug, when I'd carry a hidden weapon, like a hunting knife or a homemade billy club to a possible fight, I've NEVER packed a hidden weapon and no hidden firearm into public places, except the Conservation Dept shooting ranges.

These fucker must of watched those Charles Bronson movies, "DEATH WISH," way too many times.

I don't know what they're afraid of, and I don't want to be around when they decide to vent their anger in public.

kenny's sideshow said...

The 2nd amendment doesn't say that one needs a "permit" to bear arms. Plus a cc permit puts you on a list that in TN is public. At least you guys can carry in your vehicles without the threat of getting your expensive guns confiscated and paying dearly to get them back.

'Glenn Beck Moronathon,' that's a good one. We have a lot of those here too.

Robert said...

In the original Flight of the Phoenix Hardy Kruger asked Jimmy Stewart, "Why must you behave as if stupidity were a virtue.?
Summed up the typical American pretty well, I thought.

S.N.L. said...

Those kind of people scare the bejesus out of me. It seems ironic, but when I find myself in a neighborhood or perhaps a park where folks are having a BBQ with American flags displayed I head another direction. I'm afraid of saying the wrong thing to Jethro and his wife...I'm white and I fear large gatherings of white people flag or no flag. In California. I think that phobia developed from the McCain rallies I watched on TV and the healthcare townhall meetings that came later.

Greg Bacon said...

"Why must you behave as if stupidity were a virtue?

Here in the USSA, for many, it's a Badge of Honor.

I don't think they scare me, but they sure as hell are confusing.

And more proof that FOX is nothing more than a propaganda outlet.

These deluded souls probably think that multi-millionaires Glenn Beck and Rush Limabaugh actually care to the 'little guy.'

They'll probably never understand that they're being used and all that anger they have bottled up is being put to good use, by getting them to vote for the same bunch of bastards that installed the anger in the first place.

Anon said...

I think Continental Europeans know a lot more about 'what is really going on'. The Italians, Belgians, Greeks, Germans etc have had to put up with lots of CIA-NATO false flag terrorism over the years.

- Aangirfan

S.N.L. said...

Right, Anon, a German once explained to me that Americans are naive because of our limited history and experience. When you think of European history it makes perfect sense. Although these days I find no excuse for nativity nor ignorance in the USA. Not in these times when it is right in our face plain as day.
I watched Maz Jubrani (the "Axis of Evil" comedian) on some news station recently explain why he wasn't offended by the bigoted statement of NPR's Juan Williams (house negro) on FOX news. His explanation was pretty good until he said that it's the Muslims wearing a Yankees cap talking about sports is the one HE would be worried about. LOL...says the Iranian Muslim wearing a Yankee's cap! There's a pot calling the kettle black, where's a mirror when you need one! A house negro is a house negro is a house negro. I don't think anyone sleeps today.

Fair Use Notice

This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance the understanding of humanity's problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. A click on a hyperlink is a request for information. Consistent with this notice you are welcome to make 'fair use' of anything you find on this web site. However, if you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. You can read more about 'fair use' and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School. This notice was modified from a similar notice at Information Clearing House.

Blog Archive